JUNIOR GOLF CAMP
June 10-13, 2019 (Afternoons)
Junior golf camp is designed to develop the skills of boys and girls in the game of golf. The camp is open to boys and girls and runs from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Monday-Thursday afternoons. Our Bruins coaches and intercollegiate golf players will provide individual instruction to campers and instruct them on the components of the game of golf. Instruction will also stress the importance of using sports to glorify God.
Monday, June 10 at 1 p.m. in the lower lobby of the Davis Field House
Each day at 4:30 p.m.
6th - 8th grade (boys and girls) (Limit of 30 campers)
What to expect:
What to Bring:
- Coaching by Bruins golf team members and staff
- Teaching the five fundamentals of golf
- Training on essentials of the full swing
- Short game skill development
- Daily snack and water breaks
- Video swing analysis
- Driving range sessions
- On-course playing opportunities
- Transportation to off-campus golf facilities (provided). Parents must sign a waiver consent form.
- Fun competition
- Clubs (if available)
- Water Bottle
|Meet Coach Scott:
Dr. Denny Scott has over 30 years of combined coaching experience. Coach Scott joined the Bruins staff in 2013 where he founded the golf programs at BJU. Since then, he's coached the team to two appearances in the NCCAA DII National Tournament with the men's team winning the NCCAA South Region Championship in 2017. Coach Scott views the role of sports as a tool to equip student-athletes to have an eternal impact for the kingdom of God.
Questions? Contact Coach Scott.