WOMEN'S SOCCER ELITE CAMP
June 10-14, 2019
The Women's Soccer Elite Camp at Bob Jones University seeks to make each camper a better player and to discover the dynamic and friendly environment at BJU. This camp is designed for experienced high school and club players looking to play at the collegiate level. This camp focuses on the individual and giving them the tools they can use to continue to develop as a player while also emphasizing using soccer to glorify God.
$225 ($250 after May 1)
9th - 12th-grade or college-bound players
Monday from 8 to 9 a.m. in the lower lobby of the Davis Field House
Thursday at 4:15 p.m.
What to expect:
What to Bring:
- Develop new 1 v 1 moves individually and as a team; how to utilize moves in game situations.
- Develop first touch and technical skills.
- Put instruction into action with small and large sided games.
- Learn to be technically proficient while also increasing speed of touches and moves, speed of play, ball speed and handling speed.
- Learn how to increase sprint speed, agility, explosive power, and increase endurance and fitness.
- Use a pre-game and pre-training dynamic warmup that is specifically designed for women players to reduce ACL/MCL injuries.
- Use the principles of attacking and defending to understand team shape in various systems of play.
- Analyze video to break down various parts of the game in order to develop skills; see how the Bruins have used it to create a winning tradition.
- Learn to gain an advantage with nutrition, both physical and spiritual, to reach your full potential.
- Bible (or phone app)
- Swimming Suit (for recreation times)
- Labeled Water Bottle
- Shin Guards
- Indoor soccer or Tennis Shoes
- Notebook and pen
|Meet Coach Carmichael:
Dr. Chris Carmichael has over 20 years of combined coaching experience in the NCCAA DI, DII and NCAA DII. Carmichael joined the Bruins in 2012 and since that time the Lady Bruins have won four NCCAA DII National Championships (2013, 2015, 2016, 2017). Coach Carmichael has also earned National Coach of the Year Honors four times (2013, 2015, 2016, 2017). He holds a holds a USSF D and C License as well as NSCAA Regional, Advanced Regional, National Advanced National and Premier Diplomas. He has also successfully completed several courses in the League Managers Association (LMA) School of Football Management. Coach Carmichael views the role of sports as an avenue of worship to glorify God.
Questions? Contact Coach Carmichael.