WOMEN'S BASKETBALL TEAM CAMP
August 1-3, 2019
Our team camp is focused on providing a great competitive experience while exposing teams to the Bruins athletic philosophy of using athletics to impact lives in a positive manner for Christ. A unique aspect of our camp is the opportunity to have your team practice with a member of our staff to work on a part of the game of each team’s choosing. The camp allows high school age athletes the opportunity to be taught correct fundamentals by college coaches and athletes while enjoying the beautiful air-conditioned facilities of the Davis Field House. Our Bruin basketball players will interact with campers to inspire and guide them in their love for the game of basketball while also encouraging them to take the next step spiritually. The goal of this camp is to expose campers to our program’s philosophy, personnel, and atmosphere while challenging campers on the court with offensive and defensive skills and strategies. Classroom and film sessions will be included to emphasize the mental aspect of the game.
Overnight - $150 per player ($175 after May 1)
Daily Commuter - $75 per player ($100 after May 1)
July 29 - 12 p.m. to 2 p.m.
11:30 a.m. on Thursday, August 1
Junior Varsity or Varsity High School Teams (9th - 12th Grade)
What to expect:
What to Bring:
- Exposure to our collegiate philosophy of offense and defense
- Daily interaction with collegiate players
- A focus on fundamentals and individual skill improvement
- Classroom sessions focused on integrating biblical truth and the game of basketball
- Film sessions developing the basketball IQ
- Daily contests and competitive games to put instruction into action
- Gain the necessary confidence to be an effective competitor with the proper spirit of Christian sportsmanship
- Basketball shoes
- Modest basketball shorts and shirts
- Labeled beverage if desired (water will be provided free of charge)
- Bedding for twin or sleeping bag and pillow
- Snacks or money to purchase snacks
- Bible, pen, and notebook for classroom sessions
- A willingness to try new things and have fun!
Meet Mike LeViere:
Coach LeViere has over 20 years coaching experience. He has been the women’s basketball coach at BJU since the program’s inception in 2012. During that time, the Lady Bruins have been consistently ranked among the top of the NCCAA and several players have received Division I and II All-Region and All-American honors including 2017-18 Region MVP and 1st Team All-American Sha’Ron Brunson. Before coming to BJU Mike LeViere most recently served nine years at Cross Lanes Christian School in Cross Lanes, WV. While there he served in various roles including head boy's basketball coach, athletic director, and director of development. Prior to Cross Lanes, Coach LeViere taught and coached at Northland Baptist Bible College in Dunbar, WI. Coach LeViere believes athletics offer a unique platform to teach and learn practical truths that have eternal value.
Questions? Contact Coach LeViere.